Google Inc. – Sep, 2012 – present
- Design large scale systems that inform, educate and guide advertisers to optimize their return from Google’s advertisement products using machine learning algorithms and data mining of historical information.
- Build websites to input various opportunities for advertisers and report the performance of this system.
- Build large scale fault tolerant RESTful web services to collect and store detailed information of various opportunities served to advertisers through Google’s Sales, Marketing and automated channels.
- Technology used: Java, Linux, BigTable, Megastore, Eclipse, GWT, ViM.
Amazon Fulfillment Services, Inc. – May, 2011 – Aug, 2012
Software Development Engineer
- Development of new software or new features for existing software for inventory planning and sourcing.
- Maintenance of software stack and pager duty.
- Documenting, organizing and modeling new database ER models, implement that design and writing SQL queries to access the database.
- Maintain and modify an existing JSP based portal for internal users.
- Design and implement new ETL jobs for data ware house (DW).
- Technology used: Java, Linux, Oracle, MySQL, Hibernate, EC2, S3, Eclipse, ViM, DW, Ant.
Department of Computer Science, University of Virginia – Aug, 2009 – May, 2011
- Developed an Eclipse plugin called “Simon” for logical modeling and structural and economic analysis of software ecosystem design architectures.
- Developed the headless Ant build script for “Simon” plugin.
- Research on areas related to collaboration, coordination applying social network analysis techniques on developer communication data. This research work is done in collaboration with IBM’s “Architectural and Social Governance of Software Development” OCR project.
- Technology used: Eclipse, Jazz RTC, SWT, Java.
- Website: http://simon.cs.virginia.edu/.
Arista Enterprise Ltd., Dhaka, Bangladesh – Apr, 2008 – Jul, 2009
Software Engineering Manager
- Developed an Expedia like travel reservation website http://www.affordableasia.com/.
- Led a team of 5 software engineers in Bangladesh.
- Built a client API orchestrating the web services of world’s leading travel network, Sabre.
- Documenting, organizing and communicating the requirements for the database, modeling the database ER model, implement that design and writing sql queries & stored procedures to access the database.
- Partially designed and developed the backend admin portal of the website.
- Technology used: C# 2.0, ASP.NET 3.5, SQL Server 2005, IIS 6.0, Visual Studio 2008.
Quantitative Intelligence (QI), Inc., Princeton Junction, NJ – Jan, 2008 – Aug, 2009
Offshore Consultant (Software Engineer)
- Participated in the development of QI’s flagship relationship intelligence and personal productivity improvement software, called MyQI. This included adding new features to MyQI, redesigning the windows service used to archive and process emails, creating the user configuration dialog among others tasks.
- Developed the installer system for MyQI using Windows Installer XML (WiX).
- Developed an initial prototype of QI's website.
- Technology used: C# 2.0, WinForms 2.0, SQL Server CE, WiX, Visual Studio 2005.
- Website: http://www.qianalysis.com/
Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh – Feb, 2008 - Mar, 2008
- Lab Instructor for Structural programming language, Assembly Language programming and Microprocessors & Microcontrollers.
- I resigned from the faculty to concentrate full-time in software development projects.
- Master of Computer Science – May, 2011
- University of Virginia, School of Engineering and Applied Science, Charlottesville, VA
- Overall GPA: 4.00/4.0, Full tuition scholarship.
- Advisor: Prof. Kevin Sullivan
- Research Areas: Developing Architectural Styles, applying Machine Learning algorithms and Social Network Analysis techniques for mining software repositories.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering – Jan, 2008
- Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET),
- Dhaka, Bangladesh
- CGPA: 3.95/4.00, Major CGPA: 3.98/4.00
- Merit position: 2nd among 115
- Programming Language: Java, C#, Python, C++, C , 80x86 Assembly Language, Unix Shell Programming
- Desktop Application Development: Eclipse plug-in, SWT, Swing, WinForms 2.0, and MFC
- Database: Oracle PL/SQL, MS SQL Server, MySql
- Operating System: Linux, Mac OSX Lion, Windows 7
- Programming IDE: Eclipse, ViM, Visual Studio 2008, Visual Studio 6.0
- Software Tools: Design Patterns by GOF, UML, ER diagram, XUnit, Subversion, Visio
- Tamal Saha et al. Acquiring Items Using Gestures On a Touchscreen. (under submission)
- 2008 Award for Excellent Academic Performance, Ahsanullah Hall, BUET
- 2003–2007 Dean’s Award, BUET, in each year of study
- 2003–2007 BUET Academic Merit Scholarship in each term
- 2002-2007 Dhaka Education Board Scholarship for result in the H. S. C. Examination